Welcome to the ACHPER (SA) Website!
Professional Learning Dates to look forward to:
Please mark the following dates in your diaries: IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO REGISTER!
· Early Career Teachers Seminar - 16 February 2018 (Week 3, Term 1)
· Year 12 PE Teachers seminar - 19 February 2018 (Week 4, Term 1)
· Australian Curriculum Session - 21 February 2018 (Week 4, Term 1)
· Jump Start your HPE Program - 26 February 2018 (Week 5, Term 1)
· Leading and Building Teams - 5 March 2018 (Week 6, Term 1)
· Game Sense seminar #1 Net and Wall Games - 19 March 2018 (Week 8, Term 1)
· 2018 Health and Physical Education Conference - 16-17 April (term 1 school holidays)
· Game Sense seminar #2 Invasion Games - 14 May 2018 (Week 3, Term 2)
· Early Childhood seminar - 28 May 2018 (Week 5, Term 2)
· 2018 Leadership - 22 June 2018 (Week 8, Term 2)
· Contemporary Approaches to PE - 29 June 2018 (Week 9, Term 2)
We encourage you to lock in these dates for quality professional learning, more information and further sessions will be released in the new year
In 2017, ACHPER (SA) have expanded our consultancy services and we now have many more offerings tailor made for your education site, either Primary or Secondary. Available for individual educators, whole staff and partnership cluster meetings, check out the options that have been extremely well received by many schools and agencies. Funding is often available through local partnership groups to support this work. If your school or cluster is looking for a quality in-service, contact ACHPER (SA) to discuss or click here for an updated flyer including testimonials.
Learning In, Through and About Movement in Secondary Physical Education
This resource sets out to show what a strengths based and inquiry focused physical education program designed to encompass education in, through and about movement looks like. It demonstrates a break from the multi-activity program model framing sport as sport techniques to a program where movement is the stimulus experience for learning. Each of the sections of the resource are mapped to one of the achievement standards of the Australian Curriculum HPE Movement and Participation Strand. Together, the five sections cover the Movement and Participation Strand for Year 9/10. For more information on how to purchase a copy please click here.
News & Events
Purchase your copy today!
Order your 2017 copy today!
ACHPER (SA) Supporters
Join ACHPER (SA) on Facebook and Twitter @achpersa - Keep up to date!