Welcome to the ACHPER (SA) Website!
Professional learning dates to look forward to:
Please mark the following dates in your diaries: IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO REGISTER!
· Early Childhood seminar - 28 May 2018 (Week 5, Term 2)
· Australian Curriculum: HPE for secondary teachers - 18 June 2018 (Week 8, Term 2)
· Contemporary Approaches to PE - 22 June 2018 (Week 8, Term 2) - New Date
· 2018 Leadership - 29 June 2018 (Week 9, Term 2) - New Date
· ACHPER SASTA Conference - 20 July 2018 (term 2 school holidays)
· Wellbeing Seminar - 20 August 2018 (Week 5, Term 3)
· Game Sense seminar #3 Target Games - 10 August 2018 (Week 3, Term 3)
· Game Sense seminar #4 Striking and Fielding Games - 26 October 2018 (Week 2, Term 4)
We encourage you to lock in these dates for quality professional learning, more information and further sessions will be released later in the year.
In 2017, ACHPER (SA) have expanded our consultancy services and we now have many more offerings tailor made for your education site, either Primary or Secondary. Available for individual educators, whole staff and partnership cluster meetings, check out the options that have been extremely well received by many schools and agencies. Funding is often available through local partnership groups to support this work. If your school or cluster is looking for a quality in-service, contact ACHPER (SA) to discuss or click here for an updated flyer including testimonials.
Learning In, Through and About Movement in Secondary Physical Education
This resource sets out to show what a strengths based and inquiry focused physical education program designed to encompass education in, through and about movement looks like. It demonstrates a break from the multi-activity program model framing sport as sport techniques to a program where movement is the stimulus experience for learning. Each of the sections of the resource are mapped to one of the achievement standards of the Australian Curriculum HPE Movement and Participation Strand. Together, the five sections cover the Movement and Participation Strand for Year 9/10. For more information on how to purchase a copy please click here.
News & Events
Purchase your copy today!
Order your 2018 copy today!
ACHPER (SA) Supporters
Join ACHPER (SA) on Facebook and Twitter @achpersa - Keep up to date!